Monday, December 17, 2007

Because this is way more fun than writing about 1st trimester aneuploidy screening

Sooooooo as part of my preparation to start writing, I decided it was time to hang some things up on my wall. Not that having my apartment look like a very untidy cluttered prison was unappealing or anything. NOOOO. Usually hanging my pictures and various knick knacks is something I do with a fit of whirling dervish energy in the first 3 days of moving into a new place so I never have to think about it again but the walls in this apartment building are apparently made of plaster or some shit so you actually have to hire one of the maintenance workers to come on his own time and drill holes in the wall for you. In the first month of living here I decided that was highway robbery and set about forcing my own nails into the walls with my tried-and-true methods of big heeled boots I haven't worn since 2002 and some elbow grease. 11 bent-up nails and only 2 hanged items later, I decided maybe there was a point in having a professional come do it. So today I finally got around to calling them, and decided that in order to shave some time off their little visit ($65 an hour!! To drill holes! In my plaster walls!) I would walk around making Xs and sticking mini post-its where I wanted everything.

And THEN I spent some time catching up on some of my favorite blogs, including Doctor Squared, where I got the idea for this little game:

The rules:

1. Put your iTunes/music player of shuffle.

2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.

3. You must write down that song name, no matter what.


IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
"UMBRELLA" Rihanna feat. Jay-Z

"You can stand under my umbrella. Ella. Ella. Ey. Ey. Ey."


WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
"SCAR TISSUE" Red Hot Chili Peppers

I AM SO DAMAGED.


WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"PASS THE DUTCHIE" Musical Youth

Heh.

HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"SUDDENLY I SEE" KT Tunstall

What a bad-ass song. I'm usually not this clever or bright, or quick to recognize destructive men in my life. (HELLO DQ!)

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
"STUNTIN' LIKE MY DADDY" Birdman and Lil' Wayne

I literally laughed out loud when this popped up.

Veerom on a yamaha chromed out 11 hundred
Wut im doin, gettin money, wut we doin, gettin money
Wut they doin, hatin on me, but they neva cross
Cash money still the company, and bitch im the boss
And I be stuntin like my daddy, stuntin like my daddy
Stuntin like my daddy, I be stuntin like my daddy
Im the, young stunna, stuntin like my daddy
Stuntin like my daddy, I be stuntin like my daddy

You guys just aren't STREET like me.

WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
"WHEN THE STARS GO BLUE" Cary Pierce

Oh come ON I'm not THAT forlorn.

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW" Keane

That's actually sweet. "So if you have a minute why don't we GOOOOO? Talk about it somewhere only WEEEKNBBOOW!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
"WE BE BURNIN'" Sean Paul

My parents don't smoke pot.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"STARRY EYED SURPRISE" Paul Oakenfold

OMG wasn't I just talking about how bars suck as meeting places for Future Mates?

WHAT IS 2 + 2?
"Throw Some Ds" Rich Boy feat. Polow Da Don

No. Just...no.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
"MARCH OF THE WITCH HUNTERS" Wicked Soundtrack

HA! Sometimes. (Just kidding! I love all of you!!)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"BETTE DAVIS EYES" Kim Carnes

I currently have no crush. WRONG AGAIN iPOD. YOU'RE SO STUPID.

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"ONE SHORT DAY" Wicked Soundtrack

What a fun one!

One short day
In the Emerald City
One short day
Full of so much to do
Ev'ry way
That you look in the city
There's something exquisite
You'll want to visit
Before the day's through

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
"SWEETEST THING" U2

I want to grow up and be someone's sweetest thing? eww.

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PE
"OUTTA CONTROL" MobRSON YOU LIKE?b Deep and 50 Cent

Again, no one on the horizon here, but this guy sounds pretty cool. PRESENT YOURSELF TO ME O MYSTERIOUS LIFE PARTNER.

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"EVERLONG" Foo Fighters

"If everything could ever feel this real FOREVERRRRR. If anything could ever be this good AAAAGAIN." Uh.... maybe.

WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"AAJA NACH LE" Bally Sagoo

Yep, probably will, especially if the DJ at my reception is that Indian kid everyone else uses.

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
"SUNSHOWERS" M.I.A.

I hope not.

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
"AMBER" 311

Huh?

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
"GLAMOROUS" Fergie

Ain't no secret, baby.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"WALKING ON SUNSHINE." Katrina and the Waves

YES. Totally :)

WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS?
"STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN" Led Zeppelin

Euuuighhh..but I already CAME UP with a title that was more appropriate.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to have you back.

Dragonfly said...

Welcome back.
And I sympathise with the "engaged by next year"-inclined parents. If my sister hadn't have had her heart broken a few months ago, there would be Romantic Discussions Underfoot over the Christmas table. Erm thank goodness someone hurt my baby sister?

doctorsquared said...

Welcome back! :) And thanks for the shout-out, glad that you're surviving residency!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rupa-dupe!!

rabbit said...

Stumble onto your site from a link on another blog. Read some of your posts. Made me laugh. You've got a new reader. I've got a blog myself. www.therabbitgetshisday.com. If you ever feel like wasting more time than usual, check it out.

David G said...

your blog is back to sucking again.

Anonymous said...

Oh rupadupe. . . . Your presence is sorely missed on the web. :-(

Anonymous said...

Aww you came back and gave us all so much hope for good things on the web again - why did you go away? Come back please

Justin said...

I have to apologize, one of our contributors stole the name of your blog to title a post (on aavrmag.com,)

David G said...

what happened? this blog now stinks!

r said...

Awesome post...looks like you done got yourself another new reader. It's all your fault.. :)

I don't post very often, but you're welcome to glance at mine if you want to toast some surplus synapses:
http://goaskalicewhenshes10feettall.blogspot.com/

Path201X said...

Great Blog!