Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I finally caved in and realized that, shockingly, no one offered to buy me the $300,000 condo in the Central West End of St. Louis that I so desired, so I picked out a one-bedroom apartment in a building within walking distance of the hospital. I am wary about living alone (Remember? Last year? When I lived alone? And that's where Reflux came from?) but decided it was the best option for my situation right now. (Also, as my mom said yesterday, "If you live alone it'll be easier for HOHOPIS to stay with you when he visits!" I like my mom's contingency planning. Live alone to facilitate hooking up with some dude you may or may not even meet!)

Also, St. Louis = not safe. There are several lovely places in CWE that are unlivable because it's just not safe to live any more than 2-3 minutes away from the hospital when you have to walk to work at 5 in the morning. Because of all the crime. And danger. Oh St. Louis. Your charm is NEVERENDING.

I also finally picked out a place for graduation dinner: India House on Grand. I'm glad that's all settled, because my parents kept calling me to FIND A PLACE WHERE WE CAN ALL EAT DINNER AFTER GRADUATION FOR GODSSAKES when they weren't even sure what date or time my graduation was in the first place. Also, they're not even sure how many people are coming to dinner or who they're inviting yet so I felt really dumb making a reservation for, "Uh...between 15 and 30 people, I think. Maybe around 22?" The menu is going to be prix-fixe so I went ahead and picked out all the dishes when I made the reservation, which -- yum. Ok, now I'm hungry for some carbs.

6 comments:

gabbiana said...

Heh, I love that your mom is facilitating your hook-ups. Which is totally what my mom would do, too.

(Just read your earlier Reflux posts, so I'll put this here: I want a dog! WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT. But next year = third year = no time, and internship = no time, and how do you handle it?)

I had no idea St. Louis was that crime-ridden. It's just... It's St. Louis! THERE IS NOTHING THERE BESIDES AN ARCH. SO WHAT'S WITH ALL THE MUGGINGS?

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I actually lived in the CWE for 5 years (the chase park plaza) and loved it. If it werent for there, I would have killed myself in St. Louis. (I've been in good old Hyde Park now doing a PhD at U of C). Yep, not much to do in St. Louis..but if you need some advice, email me (sunnygirl_mo@hotmail.com)

chick pea said...

dude, i'll invest in property in good old st. louis.. if you can manage them.. i just have monopoly money at the moment..but it will count for something eh?

we went out for mexcian after my g-day...

it was awesome times.. when is g-day?

working said...

Um, I'm moving to CWE too I think. Anon, you liked the Chase Park Plaza?

Babu said...

Wow...a fellow mutineer in STL..cool..!!! I thought I was the only one...hope you are enjoying CWE. Any luck with Mr.HOHOPIS? :) If you need hints about the great STL hangouts, let me know: mohanbabuji at yahoo.com

William said...

It cannot have effect in reality, that is what I consider.
link