Friday, April 06, 2007

Happy Friday, everyone! I'm emailing half my manuscript to my PI as soon as I've given it the once-over then attacking my MPH research tomorrow. It is NON-STOP FUN over here! NON. STOP.

Also, I would like to direct your attention to an article I turned up doing some preliminary research for the Discussions section of my MPH research paper:

17: Dudish SA, Hatsukami DK. Related Articles, Links
Abstract Gender differences in crack users who are research volunteers.
Drug Alcohol Depend. 1996 Sep;42(1):55-63.
PMID: 8889404 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

You put the word "crack" in a scientific setting and it will always brighten my day. Like herpes! Oh...STDs and crack. How you bring me so much levity and joy. I am so going to the right city for the right line of work!


Henderson DJ, Boyd C, Mieczkowski T. Related Articles, Links
Abstract Gender, relationships, and crack cocaine: a content analysis.
Res Nurs Health. 1994 Aug;17(4):265-72.
PMID: 8036274 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I smell short fiction all over this article. Seriously, I would read this kind of stuff just for fun.

: Andersen MK, Field RA, Riley ML, Crouse JD, Bailey DG. Related Articles, Links
Free Full Text Factors influencing difficulty of removing pelts from lamb carcasses.
J Anim Sci. 1991 Dec;69(12):4690-5.
PMID: 1808165 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

I don't know what this is or why it would come up in a literature search for "pregnant" and "emergency department."

20: Booth RE. Related Articles, Links
Abstract Gender differences in high-risk sex behaviours among heterosexual drug injectors and crack smokers.
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1995 Nov;21(4):419-32.
PMID: 8561095 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
I don't know why but "crack smokers" in a scientific journal is even funnier.

Also, my mom took Reflux for a grooming today. I am a BIG FAN of hairbows and if that dog is anywhere near my sight, he is gettin' some hairbows. My mom refusees to let the groomers affix hairbows to his head because she thinks hairbows might "make him confused" but I say HE IS ALREADY DEMENTED. Put the hairbows on, say I! Because they make me happy and he won't know the difference anyhow.
(My dad hates dogs and the first time I brought Reflux home he made me keep the poor little guy in a laundry basket anytime he was around. Anyway, they're BFF now so everyone's cool.)

3 comments:

gabbiana said...

Awwwww, doggie!

See, the title "Gender differences in crack users who are research volunteers" made me think of, like, researchers who are volunteers -- y'know, poor undergrads who need something to put on their med school apps -- and who also happen to be addicted to crack. (It would make o-chem SO MUCH BETTER.)

T. said...

Tee hee... I accidently read "hairbow" as "hairbrow" and I spent a good while trying to figure out how one grooms hairbrows on dogs. I pictured Reflux groomed with big bushy eyebrows.

I'm on allergy meds. That's my excuse and sticking with it.

Good luck on the thesis- just handed mine in a couple of weeks ago!

-taz

(My word verification is "cokey"- tee hee!)

Anonymous said...

Really helpful data, thank you for the post.
check | 6 | best -> | ! | have a look 4 | check