Saturday, April 21, 2007

DQ: We do NOT treat you right

Three days ago DQ called and told me the wedding we're going to together is tomorrow, Sunday, and not, in fact, today, Saturday, as he had told me previously. THANKS FOR THE INFO, DQ. He came in town yesterday for the bachelor party and called to confirm the scheduling, which is also when he told me that he had accidentally left his suit and tie at home in Iowa. It's pretty funny. I don't really care what he wears but he called today and said another friend from Iowa who's attending the wedding will bring the suit.

Also, I turned in the final draft of my thesis. (I could not wait to get that sucker off my hands.) Rather than attending the rehearsal dinner tonight with DQ (he's not in the wedding party but he is a close friend) I'm at home writing up my research from last year. I would complain, but after medical school it feels like a huge privilege to be able to stay home in my sweat pants with the TV (Hellooooooo Lifetime:Television for Women!) on doing work on my own schedule. Also, I'm supposed to call DQ tomorrow morning to make sure he stirs from whatever puddle of beer he fell asleep in to come pick me up.

And I bought a dress to wear to graduation! See:

4 comments:

tamasha said...

Cute dress. I need to buy one for graduation too...

T. said...

Nice! Is that you in the picture? and where did you buy the dress? I need one for graduation too, but can never seem to find dresses that hit just below the knee - I'm 5'6 so they hit below the knee for most Americans, just not me.

gabbiana said...

YAY for being done with your thesis. And also the dress. YAY!

Ennis said...

How was the wedding?