Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Last week I told TCL I'd call him whenever I was back in town and while I know this relationship isn't going anywhere I effin' HATE when people don't call me after they've said they will, so I gave him a call tonight. He was out having drinks with a friend so we'll talk tomorrow. The problem is, I like TCL and would like to keep him on board as a friend but there's really no graceful way to say that and mean it.

On the other hand, in a fit of boredom while studying today, I took the initiative to browse through my dating website and contacted 2 potential future life partners! Unfortch, I have the cheapo free subscription to my dating website, so I actually can't do anything beyond forward my profile to someone. And if they also have only the cheapo free subscription, all they can do is respond with yay or nay. I got a yay (yay!) from one of them and was also notified that he added me to his "favorites" collection (I am so special!), but now we can't contact each other unless one of signs up for the "Deluxe" membership. I did some investigating to determine how much this "Deluxe" business costs and it's apparently $29 for 3 months, which is $29 more than I would like to spend on this whole business. Call me old-fashioned, but I do believe that the male should be the one with the "Deluxe" subscription so he can contact me. Also, I'm cheap.

If I wait long enough, do you think he'll spring for the Deluxe package and contact me? Should I be pro-active and invest some dough in my quest for my life partner? What's most likely to happen is option 3: enough times goes by without either of us purchasing the Deluxe membership and we both lose interest and stop caring. I'll keep you all posted on Impasse 2006.

4 comments:

punchberry said...

Take heart: JDate is $29 a month!

They used to have it set up so that paid members could do everything, and free members could either express interest (without writing anything), or reply freely to paid members who contacted them. This resulted in a situation where men had to pay to play and all the women had the cheapo accounts.

JDate, always find new ways to exploit Jewish singles into paying more for the same service, added the special bonus where free accounts can see who e-mails them but cannot read the mail or reply. So, now everyone is shelling out the mullah.

I don't miss it.

David G said...

hmm...I said I'd call you. And I didn't. I apologize.

Anonymous said...

Reading this blog had inspired me to sign up for this indian date thing as well. I signed up yesterday, my very first time to post on an online dating site. I've sent a few "Send My Profile" messages and if any of them turn into a "yay" I'll go ahead and do the Deluxe membership thing...
Best of luck to you (and me!) :-)

Anonymous said...

You should temporarily change your listed name to something like "Square 516-543-1111 Peg" - see if this guy is smart enough (or perhaps guju enough) to catch your drift...