Sunday, November 05, 2006

Taking the Plunge.

Now that DQ and I mutually understand the lack of healthy future we share together, I have made a very important decision.

I will now do the Indian online dating.

Yeah, I'm scared too. But so many people have such good things to say about it! And I've seen how happy some of my Jewish friends are with jdate.com, and how much luck some of my other Indian friends have had with it, so I think I'll give it a go. At the very least, I can make fun of some of the profiles and meet some interesting characters.

Also, I just got the following email from my 15 year old cousin. Were we like this when we were teenagers?


tankuu...ill prolly see u in september at neilbhaiz weddingg...i dunt think
im gona be goin to bindibenz showerr...but tell her hiii.... ohhh and did u
knoee my bdayz lyk 2 dayz after labor day weekend enddzz...(on the
fifth)...i mite hav a sweet sixteenn lol fun fun and so very
convenient....okie ill ttull<333>


I got dizzy just reading it too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh yah, my younger cousins (and, my effing brother is starting in on it, too) all write like this. It pisses me off to no end. It's not like they are leaving out letters to make it quicker to type..there's no convenience motive. It's just fun(??) to misspell and add extra letters and take out significant ones. Heathens. (There is no sarcasm in this comment. Writing like an idiot really is a pet peeve.)

Meenalu said...

Um, which indian dating website are you going to use? And will you share your adventures in online dating with the readers? I've flirted with the idea of going online but the potential of people I know seeing me on the website is enough to deter me...for now. Canadianbrowngirl

trAcy said...

it's the plague of bluetooth, texting and palm pilots, etc. we are all writing in shortform, only thing is that kids don't seem to have a handle on the standard form from which the abreviations are derived.

they do it in speech, too, and well, that just makes me feel left out. i am all for creative language use, but i have seen the "model" essays and other projects pasted on middle and high school walls in my neighborhood and, umm, yeah, spelling errors are not even noted.

and some of the work is actually computer-produced ("word processed"), so, yeah, wow.

Freudian Slip said...

Ha, I laughed outloud when I read that online lingo. What are they teaching these kids :)
Matt

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I like your story.
But you'd better take a look here to find a really DIFFERENT dating site.
Looks amazing, agree? :-)
You can also find my pics and more about me on my page www.livedatesearch.com/jessica
Read more about me or drop me a message from there.
Chao!
Jessica