Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I went on my first Internet site blind date last night! Tall Cute Lawyer (TCL) and I went to the bar at the W and it was actually painless! AND...you will all be so proud of me: I didn't get shitfaced, cry, do drugs, or behave in an otherwise inappropriate fashion! The weekday first date is BRILLIANT: you have a pre-established time constraint of work/study for Step 2/etc that keeps the night short and sweet. The night did lead to an odd line of questioning though, when he asked me what I got on my Boards and what kind of student I was. Even stranger still because he's an attorney. Maybe he was trying to screen for potential entrants into his gene pool. In the end though, TCL was a gentleman; he paid for the whole date despite my sincere and repeated efforts to split the bill and walked me home. Also: TCL can hold his liquor, which is one of my top 5 qualities in potential life-partner. Nothing's less attractive than going blotto on the first date. Internet, trust your Auntie Rupes. She's been there.

And I am still getting tons of emails from people on the website. Guys, seriously. It's an email. Take your time. Proofread that shit. You look like an asshole.

5 comments:

valerie said...

Congratulations Peg! I think you're not only hilarious, but very brave. Valerie

Delfino Rules said...

Seriously. For every normal person like you and TCL, there are probably like 50 nutjobs.

Anonymous said...

Woah - did somebody just call Peg normal? Peg, aren't those fighting words? I mean, I've seen you go shopping for vegetables ...

Chick Pea said...

the bar at the W, where you had to wait in line and couldn't come to the 3 amigos shindig ;)?

Celia said...

This article is fantastic; the information you show us is very interesting and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com