Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hey ya'll! You know what I love? MANUAL DISIMPACTIONS. (Is that pretty much the most disgusting picture ever? I wish it were as easy as pulling out the poop.)

"What's a manual disimpaction?" you ask. "Is this something I might like to have done electively?" NO. Basically, a manual disimpaction is when hard fecal matter is palpated in the rectal vault and digitally removed. And by "digitally", I mean with a finger. The MED STUDENT's finger, to be precise.

Now, I actually do love poop. I love all GI-related things and think we'd be closer to world peace if we could just get more people to have regular colonics. I'm not a fan of pooper scooping though, but my attending showed me a trick to ease the pain: swipe some benzoyl peroxide on the inside of your mask, and all you smell is the intoxicating aroma of sterilization. Instead of poo. Now that I know that trick, I can manually disimpact for HOURS.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

?

T. said...

I don't get the picture... What is it? a strap on?

square peg said...

It's supposed to be an ass, with someone removing poop from it. I found a live-action picture of a manual disimpaction, but I didn't want my beloved readers to have to face a picture of an ass with a finger up it without warning. (Or be caught with that onscreen at work, anyway!)

ads said...

I went to the website (which is hilarious, btw), and as far as I can tell, it's a strap-on ass and a fluorescent play-doh turd.

Oops, I just refreshed the page, and now I see that sp already answered the question. But that website is still hilarious. Though the plastic hippo nurse is a little scary.

punchberry said...

i am glad to see that you are not letting living without your puppy keep you from blogging about poop. way to be. this is the stuff that keeps your loyal readers coming back :)

Khakra said...

off-topic, found a blog entry that you'll get a kick out of! check the lower part of the entry when the chihuahua is adopted...

http://janesdailyblah.blogspot.com/2006/07/jekyll-island-and-chihuahua.html

Randell said...

In my opinion one and all should browse on it.
check | here | site