Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Liz is over here studying for her Internal Medicine exam while I "work on my presentation." I feel like I mentally checked out last week [this happens to me at the end of every school year] but unfortch I still have a presentation to give to the division here on Friday. Damn tangible acts of responsibility.

I also met someone at a party a few nights ago who I'm supposed to be having drinks with soon. I've said many a time that on this blog I'll rarely make fun of anyone but myself and maybe Britney Spears, but some exceptions have to be made. Guy From Party (GFP) called a few nights ago to schedule the event:

GFP: talk talk talk

R: talk talk talk

GFP: BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

R: Is everything ok over there?

GFP: Um, yeah, the smoke detector's going off.

R: Oh here, I'll let you go, I didn't realize you were making dinner.

GFP: Oh...I wasn't. My dryer broke a few days ago but I have jujitsu tonight and I didn't get around to washing my uniform until just now.

R: Unsure where this is going.

GFP: So I was trying to dry my pants in the oven.

GFP: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

GFP: Shoot. There goes the other alarm.

R: I wish I was around to here you explain this one to the fire department. But at least jujitsu pants are dry!

GFP: Actually they're burnt. Burnt yet wet.

R: Brilliant.

3 comments:

David G said...

I like how this guy rolls.

trAcy said...

freaking hilarious. smart enough for jujitsu, dumb enough to burn down the house. don't men know about fabric and ovens? : )

BidiSmoker said...

So did you still go out with the jujitsu guy?