Friday, March 31, 2006

Lemming.

Stealing a page out of Oodle's blog, we're playing Name That Tune!! today. So basically, set your iPod to shuffle, then list the first line of the first 20 songs down there. Guess the song title and artist without the aid of Google and you will win my undying adoration and affection. Not that you didn't already have it, lovely blog readers! All both of you.

Disclaimer: I don't own an iPod, so my friend has loaned her iPod towards the cause of my blog. And by her own admission her "songs are retarded." I'm not sure what that means.

1. On my way, up north, up on the Ventura ... A Sorta Fairytale by Tori Amos, v. good Brimful!

2. Children behave...that's what they say when we're together... I think we're alone now by Tiffany. Nicely done by ads.

3. At last, my love has come along... At last by Etta James. Score 2 for ads.

4. It's easier not to be wise, and measure these things by your brains... Another one for Brimful. I alone by Live.

5. Close your eyes, give me your hand, darlin'... Eternal Flame by the Bangles. Strong work, oodles.

6. Homeboy, I came to party, your girl was lookin' at me...

7. People, gansters and pimps people, smoking that reefer people...

8. If it weren't for your immaturity, none of this would have happened... oodles got the artist Alanis, Brimful knew the title: Hands Clean.

9. Oh my my my, I'm feeling high...

10. I got a bad disease, but from my brain is where I bleed...

11. When you're on a holiday, you can find the words to say...

12. It could all be so simple, but (baby baby baby) you'd rather make it hard... Ex-factor by Lauryn Hill, ads goes for the hat trick.

13. Rainstorms... take me away from the norm...

14. "What'd you forget?" "Got a light?" Would you light my candle? from Rent. Oodles is a gal after my own heart.

15. You can do it, put your back into it... Ice Cube - Put your back into it. Nice one, ads.

16. You think that I go home at night, take off my clothes turn out the light...

17. When you were here before, couldn't look you in the eye... Radiohead - Creep. Ads is going for a record.

18. Took you from ghetto to class, I done hold your glass...

19. Met a girl, thought she was grand... She Hates Me by Puddle of Mudd. This game is too easy for Ads.

20. It's not...what you thought...when you first began it... Hat trick for Brimful! Wise up by Aimee Mann.

Also, when I was doing this, the darling iPod happened to shuffle to songs (and my friend's taste in music is in fact not retarded but rather v. superfantastic) I completely love and this took me about 3 hours to do because I had to listen to each song over and over again. Another disclaimer: my friend listens to a lot of the Pixies, the Eels, the Shins, Dashboard Confessional, the Renters, and Deathcab for Cutie, and I don't really know any of those songs so I kept skipping them, because my taste in music runs towards the trashy.

13 comments:

ads said...

Yay! I like this game. My guesses:

2. Tiffany, "I Think We're Alone Now"
3. Etta James, "At Last"
12. Lauryn Hill, "Ex-factor" (Maitri had this one on her list too, I believe)
15. Ice Cube, "Put Your Back Into It"
17. Radiohead, "Creep"
19. Puddle of Mudd, "She Hates Me"

I'm stuck on #6 and #18. Pharrell and Jay-Z?

square peg said...

Muy bien, ads! Those 6 are indeed correct, and I applaud the educated guesses on 6 and 18.

I have a problem though -- I can't seem to figure out how to strikethrough text in the post. I may as well admit my other problem too -- I would love to link to all of you but when I tried to add links to my page all I succeeded in doing was turning my hyperlinks bright blue.

(crawls back into hole of stupidity)

ads said...

I didn't know how to do strikethrough text, either, so I ended up doing it in MS Word and then cutting and pasting. If you switch from the "compose" (?) to the "html" window, you can also add tags directly to the text you want to strike though. Here's a link on that
http://www.tizag.com/htmlT/htmlstrikethrough.php

As for adding links, try taking a look at this page:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=110&topic=22

Hope that helps; I totally suck at html. (Hence the inability to make links to those giant URLs.) I only managed to figure out the tiny amount that I did from continually screwing up my own template and having to fix it by trial and error. (One thing I figured out is that it's a good idea to cut and paste the code for your template into a text file, so if you mess anything up too badly, you can always go back to that.)

ads said...

Oh, and when I said "switch from the compose to the html window," I meant in your Blogger browser window, not in MS Word.

You can email me at bollyhooATgmailDOTcom if you can't figure anything out from my totally confusing explanation.

oodles said...

5. Bangles- Eternal Flame
8. Alanis- don't know the title
14. Rent- Would You Light My Candle?

About strikeout, here's what you do: use the letter "s" before the text, and after the text, the same way you do with "b" for bolding and/or "i" for italicizing (I would write it out properly, but the comments won't allow me)

square peg said...

Thank you!! I accomplished the strikethrough! When I go back to Iowa I'll try to add links again. I will conquer you, blogger!

brimful said...

I keep coming to these parties far too late!

#1- Tori Amos' "A Sort of Fairytale"
#8- I'm embarassed! "Hands Clean"
#20- Aimee Mann's "Wise Up"

brimful said...

oh also-
#4 Live's "I alone"

...and that's about it for me!

ashvin said...

Isn't #10 Red Hot Chilli Peppers ? Can't remember the song title.

square peg said...

A -- totally! I'm surprised no one's come up with that one so far.

suitablegirl said...

you skipped through the PIXIES???? blasphemy! :(

:+:

;)

suitablegirl said...

also, i heart the title of this post. :D

Peter said...

Thank you for the post, really useful data.
Franklin Square homes