Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Today is where your book begins!

Finally, finally, FINALLY back home!! Trip to NYC was mostly fabulous excepting all instances involving airports or planes.

I just had to share this one story from Saturday night out:

REALLY Hot (But Really Dumb) Guy: So what do you do?

R: I'm a grad student.

RHBRDG: What do you study?

R: Medicine.

RHBRDG: Oh, wow, what kind of doctor do you want to be? Although, okay, I actually give him props for figuring out that "medical school" --> doctor. I can't tell you how many times people ask me if that means I'm becoming a nurse, or a physical therapist, or a malpractice lawyer. EW.

R: I think an obstetrician.

RHBRDG: I think I need my eyes checked!

R: Confused. Wha...oh, no, I think that's an optician. An OBSTETRICIAN is the one that delivers babies usually. Involuntarily dissolves into peals of laughter intermixed with profuse apologies.

RHBRDG: Laughing along, That's ok, it's pretty funny.

R: To hell with tact, leans over and grabs her friend I told this guy I was going to be an obstetrician and he told me he needed his eyes check! Everyone in both groups is cracking up now, even RHBRDG.

And actually, I like it when people can laugh at themselves, even when they're really dumb.

No comments: