Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My ass hurts.

Sometimes people say they're in such a hurry that they wear 2 different socks. I was in such a hurry this morning that I left the house wearing two different pairs of SHOES.

I attempted to recreate the event here for the photo. Then Reflux wandered over and stuck his big fat toothless head into the frame. (And I don't usually wear trainers to work, but my feet hurt from step class yesterday. And besides, it's Iowa. There's a clause in the hospital dress code about how jeans in any color but blue are considered "dress pants.")

Also, had v. super fantastic time in Chicago this weekend. Went to the Red Eye pre-Valentine's Day party at Funky Buddha (totally by accident).

Gaya was in the bathroom flattening her hair when Reflux wandered in and fell asleep by the toilet.

I went in to make sure he was still alive. Yep! That dog sure does look dead when he sleeps though.

And on Sunday we went to the Pompeii exhibit at the Field Museum. I love you Field! And hooray for completely irresponsible ticket sellers -- he gave us the student price on tickets after he verified that we were students. Which he did by asking "Where you in school at?" Which was good because I've let my student ID go through the wash a couple times and my face is all scratched off anyway.

I would just like to point out that the Pompeiian bowls they're hawking at the gift shop for $39.99 are MADE IN INDIA. At a sweat shop, where some dude got paid 5 cents to burn his fingers welding these stupid little bowls together. Oh sweat shops. Without you, how would we Americans have affordable clothing or useless novelties?

Today I took "Butts and Guts" class at the gym. I think I worked my right cheek out harder than the left. It seems to be a bit achier. Or is it possible my left cheek was just more muscular already? Something to ponder.

2 comments:

Rohin said...

Could that be a picture of the square peg herself? The legend says "I went in..."

Jeremy said...

Oh my god, there's a great deal of helpful information here!
this page | , | this page