Monday, January 30, 2006

...cont.

I'm stuck at home with pharyngitis, which is the least glamorous of all illnesses to be stuck at home with. IT HURTS TO EAT. I'm in hell. I'm sort of having v. good time with these lists though, so I'm finishing it today.

3. HMO -- summer intern. Basically this involved me getting lost all over southern IL trying to find rural nursing homes to unsuccessfully attempt to install some new billing software onto their computers.

4. Tutor for Athletics Department, senior year of college. This was the funnest and best paying job I will probably ever have had. Hooray for athletes!

4 Movies I could watch again and again:

1. The Emperor's New Groove. I insist you go rent it if you've never seen it. This is the funniest Disney cartoon I've ever seen but no one's ever heard of it. Plot Outline: Emperor Kuzco is turned into a llama by his ex-administrator Yzma, and must now regain his throne with the help of Pacha, the gentle llama herder. It does sound like the world's dumbest movie, I'll give you that, but I promise you won't be disappointed.

2. The Bridges of Madison County. SHUT UP. Just shut up. The part where it's raining, and she's with her husband driving back to her boring Iowa housewife life! And Clint Eastwood is in the pickup right in front of them, driving back to Washington! And it's raining! And she's crying but she can't let her husband see! And Clint's crying! And he pauses meaningfully at the stop light! Oh I might start to cry just thinking about it.

3. Gladiator. I KNOW. I won't even try to explain this one.

4. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I actually recommend multiple viewings of this one, to appreciate the subtleties of dialogue and plot. I'm just kidding. It's Bollywood. There's no word for subtle in Hindi.

4 Places I've Lived:

1. Vandalia, IL Where the hell is it? Who the hell cares?
2. Centralia, IL Winningest High School Basketball Team in the Nation. Please note that "winningest" is not an actual word, we just took the liberty of making up a word to put on that sign you see right before you get into town to make ourselves feel special.
3. Chicago, IL
4. Iowa City, IA

4 TV Shows I Love to Watch:

1. Sex and the City. All of them. Anytime.
2. Grey's Anatomy. The chicks are bad ass surgeons! And I sort of love that they make George buy their tampons for them.
3. Law & Order SVU. My favorite parts are when Stabler gets all pissed off and beats stuff up. Sometimes he'll take his shirt off too. (!!!) (I know, I know, the pics are from Oz, I used to watch that too because he would usually take his shirt off a few times per episode. For all the gay prison sex.)
4. Beauty & the Geek 2. The geeks? Very funny and nice guys and not uncool at all. Also not unattractive at all. This geek's actually v. cute.











This geek was my secret crush: he was the world's record holder for fastest Rubik's Cube solver until it got broken a few weeks ago. And when he did the Rubik's Cube behind his back to impress the girls? HOT.

4 Websites I visit Everyday:

1. www.gofugyourself.com

2. www.trent.blogspot.com

3. The Underwear Drawer

4. Sepia Mutiny


4 Places I've Been on Vacation:

1. Appalachian Mountains of West Virginia. Totally gorgeous in the spring time. Felt bizarre seeing India-like poverty here in America.

2. Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park. Came here with my family when I was in 11 and had v. good time saying "dam tour" and "dam car" and "dam resort" and "dam shopping outlet" and getting away with it.

3. Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri. The lake is at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains and the whole place is just beautiful, tons of outdoorsy stuff and settler and Native American history. I'm always trying to get people to roadtrip down here with me but everyone from Chicago is scared of the woods.

4. Wisconsin Dells. We used to go up there every summer. It has the world's largest water park!

4 of my Favorite Foods:

1. Spicy Grilled Chicken Combo Meal from Wendy's. I may treat myself to one today. Because I'm SICK and I need to be PAMPERED. Good thing I'm a cheap date.

2. My mom's chocolate burfi. A delicate balance of my 2 favorite things: chocolate and saturated fat. YUM.

3. Morningstar Farm's Meatless Sausage Breakfast Patties. I could eat a whole box of these in one sitting.

4. Peanut M&Ms. I LOVE PEANUT M&Ms and have been known to violate such sacred commandments as "the 10 second rule" and "not outside or if the ground's wet" to eat them.

4 Places I'd Rather Be Right Now:

1. Chicago.

2. Shopping at Nordstrom's during their annual sale.

3. Any beach on any tropical island with a drink in my hand.

4. That beach house on Signal Hill we stayed at that one time.

4 Bloggers I'm Tagging:

Anyone who loves creative writing and has the free time, I'm tagging you! I think I'd really like to see Punchberry and Dave do this, if they're in the mood.

***I would also love to see Bongsie do this!! I didn't ask at first because I thought he might be shy to blog about himself but then I actually read his blog and changed my mind. I think you know which post I'm talking about.

6 comments:

oodles said...

I think my co-workers think I'm nuts because of all the giggling I'm doing, while reading this post.
For some reason, your vacation to the Appalachian Mountains reminded me of a bad V.C. Andrews book, maybe Dawn or Heaven? Yes, I read them, yes they were bad, but in such a good/bad way!

square peg said...

Oh.. VC Andrews!! Memories of reading the book under the covers with a flashlight! I read Flowers in the Attic or whatever. Y'know, the one with the brother and sister and all the HOT INCESTUAL ACTION.

And yeah, before I went to WV I watched this documentary about how pissed off the movie Deliverance made all the Appalachian dwellers.

David G said...

woo hoo! I've been tagged. I will not let you down. My posting is to come soon.

You're the second Indian I know who loves "The Empereor's New Groove".

Rohin said...

Shy? Moi?

But what does this mean:

"but then I actually read his blog"

You mean you never read it before?! Pah! Hmm...I'll see what I can come up with, now that I've ACTUALLY read your blog ;)

g said...

sadly I too watch beauty and the geek 2. did i tell you that my sister took one of the "geeks" to a date party? hilarious.

square peg said...

YOU DID!! I think I know which one it is: he's the Mech E grad student at NU, right?