Saturday, November 12, 2005

Chi-Town, Put Them Lighters Up

It's late and I'm a little buzzed but Rupadupe has a confession. What started as an innocent occasional social college treat became a nasty habit over 3 years of med school. I am a smoker. I know. It's totally disgusting and oh so bad for you.

Tonight, I made a monumental decision to STOP SMOKING. NO MORE. Was smoking at a club here and realized that I was the only one. One of my friends told me that there's a referendum in Chicago this month to ban smoking in bars. At first I was disappointed but then I realized that ... it's a filthy habit and just isn't that cool anymore. Well it was probably never cool. Smokers on average live 7 years less than non-smokers, not even counting quality of life of those later years. Well no more!

In my attempt to quit I'm going to keep track of how many cigarettes I'm smoking per day. Except I have a hard time facing the truth, so I shall call them Twizzlers.

Twizzlers, No of: 4.5

1 comment:

Serena said...

Congratulations! Smoking is a waste of money anyways... Keep up the good work! You can do it! =)